What’s the difference between trading and investing? Does trading stocks work? How do you buy stocks in Australia? Are CFDs dangerous?
These are the important questions Kate and myself answered on the most recent Australian Finance Podcast.
Australian Finance Podcast
From seasoned investors wondering if now is the right time to put their cash to use and new investors wondering if they should jump in now, everyone wants to know, “is it a good time to buy shares in Australia?”
Unfortunately for you, Kate and I are not oracles and won’t give you a straight answer. However, in this episode we will explore some of the recent issues investors have faced in the market, the questions investors are asking Google and the answer to the question that you really wanted to ask in the first place, “how do you buy shares in Australia without losing it all?”.
Show notes & resources:
- Owens Shares & ETF course – this stuff’s free guys!
- A Guide to Buying Shares in Australia
- Australian share broking accounts
- Technical Analysis Around the World – Academic paper by Massey
- ASIC proposes ban on the sale of binary options to retail clients, and restrictions on the sale of CFDs
- ASIC investigation into Mayfair 101/Mayfair Platinum
- How COVID-19 created a nation of ASX punters
- ASIC: Retail investors at risk in volatile markets
- ASIC warns consumers: Investment advertising is not always ‘true to label’