Coronavirus or COVID-19 has brought many changes to the world of work and has led to many Aussies losing their jobs.
Losing your job can often come as a shock and it can take some time to figure out who you are again. In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Owen and Kate dive into some of the key actions to take if you’ve lost your job recently and ways to set yourself up for success when hunting for your next job.
Show Note Resources:
Ask your employer for the following things:
- Redundancy Letter
- Final Payout & Documentation
If you need to reduce your rent, pause mortgage or credit card repayments or arrange a payment plan for your bills, get in touch with your providers and ask to talk to their hardship departments
- Coronavirus and Australian Workplace Laws
- Fairwork: Ending Employment Factsheet
- Unfair dismissal eligibility quiz
- Redundancy pay & entitlements for your industry
- PACT Notice & redundancy calculator – Calculate entitlements
- Start a free online course on edX, FutureLearn, Coursera or Khan Academy to level up your skills
- Contact recruiters that specialise in your industry
- My Experience Applying For Jobseeker During COVID-19
- COVID-19 review: JobSeeker, JobKeeper & early access to Super