What’s up with the BetaShares DGGF ETF (ASX:DGGF)?

If you’re looking for an ASX ETF in the Diversified ETF sector, chances are, the BetaShares Ethical Diversified Growth ETF (ASX: DGGF) is an ETF you’re considering. Here’s what you need to know.

How ASX investors can use the DGGF ETF

The BetaShares DGGF ETF provides investors with a diversified portfolio of ethical assets, including shares and bonds, by screening out unethical industries and giving preference to sustainable companies.
DGGF could be used by investors looking for a diversified ETF that provides ethical exposure to a range of asset classes. This ETF has a growth risk profile, which means that 30% of the portfolio is made up of defensive assets (bonds and cash) and the other 70% is made up from growth assets (Australian and international shares).

The DGGF ETF is yet to reach scale

The BetaShares DGGF ETF had $19.93 million of money invested when we last pulled the monthly numbers. With a funds under management (FUM) or ‘market cap’ figure of less than $100 million, it’s important to consider if this ETF is still too small.

We say an ETF with more than $100 million invested is typically more sustainable than one with less than $100 million (at least). This is because if an ETF is too small, it may not be sustainable for an ETF issuer/provider, such as BetaShares, to continue to operate it.

That said, there are exceptions to this rule of thumb, especially if the ETF issuer is committed to growing the ETF’s FUM to the point where it becomes profitable.

DGGF ETF fees explained

BetaShares charges investors a yearly management fee of 0.39% for the DGGF ETF. This means that if you invested $2,000 in DGGF for a full year, you could expect to pay management fees of around $7.80.

For context, the average management fee (MER) of all ETFs covered by Best ETFs Australia on our complete list of ASX ETFs is 0.51% or around $10.20 per $2,000 invested. Keep in mind, small changes in fees can make a big difference after 10 or 20 years.

Putting it all together

If you’re weighing up investing in DGGF, keep in mind that this is just a brief introduction to the ETF. To supercharge your research, take a look at our free BetaShares DGGF report. Then, consider searching our complete list of ASX ETFs for similar ETFs in the Diversified ETF sector to compare your options.

My #1 ETF of 2022

From 200+ ETFs in Australia, our top investment analyst has just identified his #1 ETF for 2021 and beyond.

Low fees? Check.

Long-term growth potential? Check.

Regular cash returns? Check!

This ETF makes investing in ETFs "Super-Easy".

Simply click here or enter your email address below to access the full ETF report, ticker code, and step-by-step investment guide. Our expert's #1 ETF report is completely free.

No gimmicks, no payment, no credit card info. Just enter your email address below and we'll send you the report right away.

From 200+ ETFs in Australia, our top investment analyst has just identified his #1 ETF for 2021 and beyond.

Low fees? Check.

Long-term growth potential? Check.

Regular cash returns? Check!

This ETF makes investing in ETFs "Super-Easy".

Simply click here to access the full ETF report, ticker code, and step-by-step investment guide. Our expert's #1 ETF report is completely free.

No gimmicks, no payment, no credit card info. Just click the link below and enter your email address. We'll send you the report right away.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE REPORT

Unsubscribe anytime. Read our TermsFinancial Services GuidePrivacy Policy. We’ll never sell your email address. Our company is Australian owned.

Information warning: The information on this website is published by The Rask Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 36 622 810 995) is limited to factual information or (at most) general financial advice only. That means, the information and advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is not specific to you, your needs, goals or objectives. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website. The Rask Group Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative (#1280930) of AFSL #383169.